Monday, June 3, 2013

Amish Friendship Bread, Part II

I like the coffee cake but its really not what I am looking for though a good alternative to make if following the standard directions.  I guess my real issue is that you make a largish quantity of the fermented gak but only put 1 cup in the cake.  I have been baking breads for quit a few years now and know how much flavor is in that fermented goodness.

The direction for the cake are feed it when you receive it 1 Cup each Milk, Sugar and flour.  Stir briskly and then stir every day.  You then feed the mixture again on day five and day 10.  Using the resultant mixture to bake the cake(s) and have enough left over to give to friends.

MY next "experiment will be to use all the resultant sour to bake either a cake or sweetbreads.

there is always enough mixture stuck to the sides to perpetuate the mixture for another round of feeding/baking.  Not sure on a recipe yet but that is the direction I am headed
Bubbly Goodness

No comments:

Post a Comment