Monday, February 8, 2010

The Plan

So the plan here is to use the Two At Once, Toe-Up pattern from Knitpicks.  However I am going to use size 11 needles and Bare Peruvian Highland Wool Bulky to make an over sized sock that Can then be felted.  I ordered my yarn in natural and will do a quick handpaint job for self striping.  I love dying wool.  its like magic the way the color just comes out of solution!

Anyway the numbers I am going to use are from another felted boot pattern, just done in a different technique.  The pattern I am using is from the Socks Soar on two Circular Needles by Cat Bordhi, just slightly modified for larger foots.  it is written from the cuff to the toe so working backwards.

The pattern says I should end with 10 stitches.  So i will start with 5, which will be doubled to 10.  Then increase until I hit 40 stitches the size of the foot area in my pattern.  Keep this until the heel row (after thought.)  The pattern has you starting with 48 stitches then doing the heal over 24 stitches

So maybe i will have to continue increases to 48 stitches then do the heal.  Their pattern also has you narrwoing towards the top for the ribbing.  We will not be narrowing since we are not doing ribbing.  Their heel is also done in stockinette stitch.  I may do it in garter for heel wear purposes.

So that is my plan thus far.  i think i am going to handpaint the yarn in a sort of tequila sunrise colorway.  A dark red with a yellow and orange sounds really fun!!!  Maybe orange, yellow and a pale yellow with red spots???  will think on it stay tuned.


No comments:

Post a Comment