Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Back in the Saddles again!

So frogged the sleeve back to the 6th row right after the first increase.  Stopped using the funky (almost invisible increase, knit in stitch do not remove then knit in stitch below BEHIND the current stitch) too hard to see.  Went back to simple knit in front and back.   While I am on the subject of alternate types of stitches have you discovered the alternate ssk?  When used with entrelac it joins the squares without the funky color overlap you are used to seeing also much less visible and lays flatter:

Slip first  stitch as if to knit, slip second stitch as if to purl, knit both slipped through the back loop.  Found the reference here:

eHow: Alternate SSK

Anyway, slightly happier with the sleeve now, still hate that first row and almost frogged back to it.  The sleeves seem to large around for me 40 sts is 10" in diameter and measuring my wrists put me at about 8".  5% ease would make it 8.5 inches 10% ease would be 8.8 (9) or 36 sts, four less than I have so one inch smaller, But I worry if i tinker with the percentages my whole sweater will go out of kilter......



Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments:

Post a Comment