Sunday, September 3, 2017

SCARF - New Warp...

It became apparent that the orange warp I dyed was not near enough different from the other oranges to just not get lost in the weave.  During my previous post I was ruminating about some possible other colors.  I took the plunge and dyed some SCARLET.  I think this will provide enough contrast to make the whole scarf interesting though I was very close to using electric green!

Same as before 400 yds of warp.  Anyone interested in 400 yds of bright orange, gossamer weight yarn.  It is bamboo and is soft as butter!  really its amazing!  message me and its yours! (it will come as 4 small center pull balls!

Anyhow, below is my filter dip to see if the color would be acceptable.  I was afraid it might also be too dark but I think we have a winner.  I took a few photos of the before and after.  Natural light really shows the color of the new warp.  Inside light makes it look pinker than it is..

I am ecstatic about the new warp.  The color is perfect and will show really well in all the colors of the warp.  and while the sett is calculated to make the warp more noticeable this will be a nice counterpoint.
In other news I finished sleying the reed.  This means pulling the threads through the beater reed at the required sett. 30 epi or ends per inch.  Now the real FUN, threading the heddles.  To be clear there are TWO threads in each of the slots you have seen in the reed.  Now each individual thread needs to go through a heddle!

No comments:

Post a Comment